Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Hell on earth for all god's creatures

I have never seen such fiery destruction as what is taking place in San Diego Ca. It actually looks like the Apocalypse out there. The home devastation is bad enough but the loss of animal life will be massive. Since I have been on Blogger I have followed the horses of Jean and Claire and grown found of the companionship and dedication they have for each other. Listening to NPR and hearing the horror stories of trying to save livestock, cattle and horses is gut wrenching. I heard the story of a woman who moved two horse. She then went back through the inferno snuck past police and rescued two more. But she could not make the last trip for the lone stallion she left behind. You can imagine how much anguish this woman was feeling. Not to say human life is not valuable but our animal mates need our extra help. As vast as the United States is I often wonder if anyone ever thinks that maybe we were not meant to populate every corner of this country no matter how beautiful it is. Nature seems to have a way of reclaiming what is hers as we saw in New Orleans. I hope and pray most animals can be saved, as for the wildlife I can only say a prayer for them.

1 comment:

Jean said...

It is heartbreaking. Many people were just turning horses loose to let them fend for themselves. At least they might have a chance to escape the flames that way.

Living on the edge of a woodland that once had a major forest fire, the fear is always in my mind.

I say a prayer for all the creatures caught in California's flames.