Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Into the woods

Finally a new search for me to embark upon:

April 3 1795 Will of John Burkerlew Middlesex County NJ-

her husbands "Negro man" Pompey was to become the property of wife Mary Buckerlew. If Pompey lived to become unfit for service he was to live with any of John's sons, and all of the sons were to contribute equally towards maintaining Pompey while he lived"

Now I need to find the cemetery this family is buried in. Pompey's burial site as well. Worse yet this find may be the only thing to save the house from destruction. I love a challenge and yes I'll bet that cemetery is still out there somewhere covered up and forgotten. All I need is a address and off I go. YEEEEEEE HAAAAA!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jean said...

Burkelew? Could that have changed into Buckelew? Where is the area townwise? What's your search area?

I can't wait to hear the progress on this one. These historic adventures of yours are fascinating.

James said...

It's in North Brunswick I sent you a email about it o ARTICULATE one :-)