Wednesday, August 01, 2007

It's a lonely world out there

I read a very sad story in the paper today about a man living alone in central NJ. His neighbors thought he had fallen so the EMS came to check on him. Once in the house they found it covered in urine and feces from a huge array of cats. The animals were moved and the poor mans house had to be condemned. How lonely this man must have been and most likely had no one to care about him. When I see people being so rude and nasty as they seem so much to be these days, I want to tell them to have some kindness and take it easy. I do not want to end up like that man, that means you have to keep people in your life that care about you and your well being. That takes some kindness from time to time. If I could only bottle it and make people drink. O well that's what dreams are for.

1 comment:

Jean said...

It is hard to think of people like that. I hope I never end up that way, considering all.

What is sad too is that we have social services available and there are not enough workers to take care of everyone. So that leaves it to relatives, neighbors and friends. If we all don't care about other people, who will?