Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Labor Day vacation

We have decided to go on vacation Labor Day weekend to Kings Dominion in Virgina. In our 24 years of marriage we have never vacationed on this holiday so it should be most interesting. Since I am feeling so good these days I am up for the drive. The pressure is way down and I feel great since I started a in home walking routine. Weight is dropping as well as I am feeling lighter on my feet. It is a great time to start this for me since I really don't do any work in the summer while the family is home. In September is when I get back to the research. By then I think I'll be really feeling well. My knees don't like it but I will work through it since I have made so much progress in two weeks. If I can get the legs in shape it makes trampling through the areas I trample through much easier and I would love to loss a significant amount of weight through diet and exercise. Not that I am dieting, I have changed my eating habits and amounts, with fast results in better digestion and alertness. I actually went from a blood pressure of 140/90 to 125/75. So the doc (My Russian doctor I love her accent) says that if I lose the weight and keep this going I won't need the meds too long. So that's my goal.

2 comments:

Jean said...

wish my blood pressure were that low. You mean to tell me I won't recognize you the next time I see you? Slim Jim! I love it. Good for you. Keep it up. It's hard, but already you can feel the benefits.

*Now she slinks off to think about losing a few more pounds herself.....*

JuJu's Place said...

good job on the health changes- it can be so hard, but it's so important- for everyone! Keep up the good work- your body and family will thank you!