Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Artificial Downtown Dayton

I live in a small hamlet in central New Jersey called Dayton. Not Ohio, I'm in New Jersey. We are a small community with rich history. Washington and his troops passed through on there way to battle. We have a very small downtown with a church, old cemetery, old tavern and various other old homes. Lenape Indians created the path which is our main road. Now a developer has a bright idea to build a new downtown area about a mile north. Similar to the Faux downtown which is being built in Plainsboro. Nice structures but they are not the real thing, see my post on NEW HOPE PA! Condos, stores and old looking street lights do not make a downtown USA. I hope the Town Council keeps this in mind as these ideas come forth to build this. Jeez I bet there aren't planning a Inn so I may sleep and tend my horses either.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Don't tell me I need to attend another Planning Board meeting? I just saw this thing in the Sentinel.

Is there any consensus in town as to how people feel about it?

Are your objections to the project itself or just the concept of a "New Downtown?"