Monday, July 16, 2007

Historic New Hope

I spent the day strolling New Hope Pa. with Char. She went into various shops and enjoyed a nice walk and some fun shopping. Me on the other hand? I enjoyed the same thing, when I wasn't trying to read the historic markers all over town. There is nothing better than seeing those markers all over town a historians dream. I must say my Titus marker is much nicer but they had so much more history on display, it was a shame more people did not take notice. Maybe they did and I missed them. I also drove down to Washington's Crossing Pa. side. Looks about the same as the NJ side. It was a lovely day to ride through history made me feel good all afternoon. I need more days like that!

1 comment:

Jean said...

There used to be a really cool tour guide at Washington's Crossing on the PA side. She would tell the story of the historic Christmas Eve as you sat in an old house where Washington had his headquarters. It brought shivers to my spine.

New Hope is really fun. I haven't been there in a while.