Thursday, August 30, 2007

Sometimes things just work out

Much to my delight I received a call from the Cultural and Heritage Commission offering a replacement headstone or even a restoration of the old one. Thomas Titus must be smiling down from the heavens with news like this coming from no where. 9/12 is the date we meet and view the old stone and discuss what to do. I have given this a lot of thought and I have decided I want it all. Since South Brunswick will never pony up any cash for this project I have decided to make a request of my own. I will request a new stone made for his grave and the old one set up right by a iron smith. Once the old one is up and sturdy I want it to be donated to the Cornelius Low house with a sign explaining the history story and where it came from. That way it will be safe for the future and the one on the farm will have a long life. That's what I always wanted so I will ask for this maybe receiving this piece of history will make them receptive to the idea I can only wait and see. Imagine in June I convinced myself to take a what and see attitude and then this happens. HAVE MERCY.....

1 comment:

Jean said...

Wonderful news! Sometimes God steps in at just the right moment when something truly good should happen. This is one of those moments.

Go for it all. This project deserves the proper treatment and I think the new stone and a restoration of the original stone is perfect. If you need support, let me know.