Monday, September 24, 2007

A fond farewell to a friend

I received news today that Chris Gateno was leaving The Sentinel to be Managing Editor at the Metuchen newspaper. This is fabulous news for Chris but sad for me and the EVA. Chris's coverage of the Van Dyke farm helped keep the issue out front for years. He writes with passion and a commitment to honest journalism. I know this because throughout the Titus years, about three now, he has written about my work and the farm. He quotes well, listens better and writes with passion. Chris was interested in what we were doing, not just writing the story. Often hurried and on a tight schedule he never made me feel cheated in a interview and if I wanted press coverage he has ALWAYS been number one on my list. I will miss him and his presence around the South Brunswick news world. Metuchen receives a great newsman!

2 comments:

Jean said...

Chris is great about taking down every word. Here's hoping he has great success in his new job.

I have already written him directly, expressing my thanks.

Anonymous said...

always i used to read smaller posts which also clear their motive, and that is
also happening with this post which I am reading at this time.


My web-site - cccam server