Thursday, September 13, 2007

The wheels keep rolling

Now the Town Council has been informed of the possibility of restoration to the Titus headstone and Public Works is on board. All I can do now is wait for a decision although I think Anna the director has a soft spot for the farm since she spoke out there in June. I sure hope the good vibrations keep on rolling along. Within the next two weeks I'll be out there probing and digging looking for that stump of headstone and maybe 2 mounds. Also the expert mention the African Americans liked to bury with possessions at this time. Pottery and the like. So I can poke around for that too. Now that I have some knowledge it will be fun to continue on!

1 comment:

Jean said...

Keep up the good work. I can't wait to hear what you find on your quest.

As to the flood report: it is the fault of the warehouses, but the warehouses were not faulty at build time. They met faulty DEP standards. So,what they built was legal. But,back then, regulations did not control the mess it made.

However, I know that they part of what they did was illegal. I will bring that up in public. I don't have tangible proof, but I nearly had them on DEP violations.