Thursday, June 28, 2007

Stareing into the abyss

I had the opportunity to present ideas to a non profit group that is looking to fund programs which nuture the spirit and the mind. I wrote a lengthy letter explaining my desire to present slavery education in NJ schools. This is a dream I have had for a long time. Some of you out there are aware of my desire. I never committed those ideas to paper before and I most admit I impressed my own self with such bright eyed ambitions. I have participated with other performers in programs and find this very satisfying work. Since it has only been two years that I came out and started speaking publicly I still feel so green some days. Now I see that Crossroads in front of me, you know the one, Clapton and King keep singing about? This group contacted me and told me I needed to be a tax exempt group. Now that gets me thinking of a few people who support me in what I do and maybe I need to look into doing that. JEAN(wink) DOT (wink) CHARLEEN (wink) I need to research what it takes. Why do I keep sticking my hands into these big projects? This one will have a big payoff if I can make it happen. Everything I do, the lectures, the research, the dedication, seems to pump me up to take a bigger challenge my instincts have been good since the start so follow them I must!

1 comment:

Jean said...

Lannie and we have often discusses making the EVA a non-profit. Do YOU need to be a non-profit, or belong to a non-profit that sponsors your efforts?

Regardless, Lannie probably has the information you need.

I did put in for that professional development program at my school. No answer yet, but I will see what I can find out as the summer progresses.