Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Running with scissors

Took a few days away from the blog. Times are as busy as ever. Shannon graduates Monmouth U Wednesday, CJ graduates Middle School and has his final band concert in June and I am still in preparation for the Titus event. I spent Saturday with my assistant (yea I actually have one) and we are working on a correctly prepared program. I have the information now it needs to be placed with pictures correctly and I even have someone to set it up and print it. Tomorrow I visit the Mayor's office to make sure they are on top of the setup and to tell them I may have Senator Menendez lined up, I should find out by the end of the week. Such a slow process to get a politician to commit to a event. The Mayor's in for a surprise because none of them realize I have come this close in securing a solidly known speaker and this now needs to have a press release not to mention public awareness. I decided to keep it quiet till I was almost positive and it's looking good right now. Three speakers just as I wanted makes it smooth. Trying to contact the New Jersey Orators has become harder than I anticipated but I'll keep trying. My overall goal is to have a high turn out and create a atmosphere of discussion for history in South Brunswick. I'm praying harder than ever now and running with scissors....

1 comment:

Jean said...

HeHe....suprising the Mayor. I love it. He won't ignore you if you have a line up like that.

Good going.