Friday, May 11, 2007

Elaine, Spiderman and the EVA.

One of the things I love most about the pursuit of saving the Van Dyke farm is the people I have worked with. I have worked very closely with 4 of the members and I have the utmost respect for each of them. On May 1st Elaine was featured in a story about the farm in the New Jersey Jewish News entitled "Once We Were Slaves". Elaine has such a tremendous drive in this effort and she has on more than one occasion picked me up when I was in research hell. Research hell is the place I wind up when I cannot find the information I need. She is sincere and very determined (Don't tell her my nickname for her is PITBULL heheheh). Elaine convinced me to lecture for the EVA at the Slave Symposium. No matter how many times I tell her I cannot find something she refuses to let me go without giving it a finally shot. Jonathan silently fights from his PC, Bill is the emotional fighter, Jean stands up to anyone for the fight, Elaine keeps pushing the fight and I look for the historic might for the fight. I am very proud to stand among the EVA and fight for the Van Dyke farm and today I am extra proud of Elaine pushing the fight anywhere it needs to go. Her article included this line. "East Brunswick woman cites her Jewish values in fight to preserve farm". That says it all about Elaine. Maybe we should all be Marvel Superheros, move your butt over Spidey!

1 comment:

Jean said...

Blush. Thanks.

The article is really great. Elaine did an outstanding job.

By the by, you are one special partner in all of this too. Your passion and dedication have been driving forces. Wish we would hear something....