Thursday, May 17, 2007

Making my own history

5/16/07 at 3:15 my daughter crossed the stage at the PNC Arts Center in NJ and received her B.A. degree in Special Education/Music. She is the first of the grandchildren to get her degree and it was a very special, even historical, moment for my family. She follows into the footsteps of her mother in special ed and into mine in music. That really makes it so wonderful to see the best parts of us as parents come through into the child. I have no doubt she will become a valued member of society and a good person. That is really what we all desire as parents when you boil it down. These are the days you want to relive over and over.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Congratulations! You deserve to be proud.

And I guess you guys lucked out better that Rutgers did with the weather. I read your comment on my blog. Perfect timing, I'd say.

The world needs good teachers. Three cheers!!