Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Monroe school bus accident

Strangely enough last week I was driving Route 522 past the area of the Monroe bus accident yesterday and when I reached the Barclay School we had to stop for the buses. A SUV driver passes me on the double yellow line and proceeds to pass the school bus who was waiting his turn to make the left. As he did this cars began to try and squeeze past him so he was basically making a third lane on a two lane road. When I heard the buses collided I was not very surprised. The drivers I see in this area need to take a lot more caution around these schools and these children.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Gee, James, didn't you know the special NJ Law about solid double yellow lines? Apparently, around our area, anyhow, they mean--pass without caution! Yeeeek!

Those poor little kids were pretty shaken up. Did they have seatbelts on? I know buses have them, but I doubt the drivers enforce the rules. I always see kids bouncing around and out of their seats when I am behind a bus.