Thursday, April 19, 2007

Once and only once....

Having watched this tragedy unfold at Virgina Tech I felt I should blog it out at least once. All I can do is pray for the families, students and faculty of this institution. My heart is so full of sorrow for them and the nation. I have children in and almost out of college and I can almost feel the pain and suffering they experience. President Bush and many other important people have come to express support and sorrow for the victim's and all others associated to this horrific crime. But I reserve the most sorrow for the mother, father and sister of this young man. They have the weight of South Korea on there shoulders, with families in fear to send there students to the US. They have the guilt of a lifetime for not being able to save this young man. They have shame placed upon them, even though they did nothing shameful. This could have been me, or my neighbor, or the woman at the Post Office, or the waiter at Cheeseburger in Paradise. Do not be so naive to think this cannot happen to your family. I see so many students, Elementary, Middle school, High School, College depressed, suicidal, violent and some unstoppable. Yes unstoppable. How could we have stopped him, or the young men from Columbine or countless others. There is no easy response or solution to these issues. So join me and pray for them all, the victim's, students, faculty, perpetrator's and anyone else who has experienced this type of violence. Nothing else has worked we seem not to learn from these acts, maybe if we all pray to the power you believe in, we can say this happened once.....and only once....

1 comment:

Jean said...

I have prayed and continue to do so.

The more we hear of the tragedy, the more senseless it becomes. My heart goes out to everyone who lost a loved one, and to the students left behind as witnesses.