Thursday, April 05, 2007

What a week...

I am supposed to be on vacation. My wife's car got a screw in the the tire. Off to Burlington (Mt. Holly NJ) to pick up the only one I could find. Then groceries (Hi Mrs K :-) ) Shannon brought us down to Monmouth University to see the room for her recital. Beautiful it sits in Wilson hall (Woodrow's summer house) hand painted walls spots for puppets shows very nice. Took the wife to Cheeseburger in Paradise in Langhorne Pa. Spent 3 days researching and I got nothing. I am so frustrated. I did however find two African American Van Dyke's. My only hope may be to find those ancestors. Tomorrow I'm off to Governor Corzine's office to plead for him to come to the Titus dedication in person. On a good note the township is providing the stage podium some trees from the Shade Tree Commission and seemed to have taken a interest in this thing, NY Times pressure never hurts either..HEHEEH And I have to go to the State Archives and BACK to Rutgers. WHAT A WEEK!!!!!

1 comment:

Jean said...

All the way to Burlington for a tire? Surely somewhere closer????

Sometimes things just don't quite go a s smoothly as you'd wish. Perhaps you will strike gold at the Governor's office. It would be a nice change of pace.

The African Van Dyke lead is interesting.

Maybe the sun will shine on the weekend. We could use some to lighten the mood. Makes the brain work better too.