Monday, April 30, 2007

Two speakers in the fold...

Well now I have two confirmed yes for speakers for the Titus Farm. I will say one of the great things about coordinating an event is you can go for speakers you enjoy. So far the first two I know will hold the interest of the crowd and keep it flowing. I actually got the camps of Senator Menendez and Rep Holt to somewhat commit. Holt cannot give me the OK till 2 weeks out and he will be just back 2 days from a trip abroad. Menendez has a possible trip to Puerto Rico. If he goes I'm out, if he does not go I should be in. I now understand why organizers pull there hair out. It's not any ones fault it seems to be the nature of the political machines. This does make it hard for someone like me who wants to get it done early and stay on top of the situation. I really dislike last minute. I have already decided to compose the program and leave out the keynote speaker till I get the definitive word. I can actually see things start to take shape.

1 comment:

Jean said...

At last, some positive news. Now you know why people accuse politicians of not keeping their promises....*G*

Really, though, it does get annoying that everything else seems to always be more important than a committment to a citzen.