Saturday, April 07, 2007

Such tiny bits...

I spent Good Friday with my head in the books at Rutgers. I have discovered a Poor Book that may yield some more information on the Van Dyke-Ten Broeck connection. Problem is, it is from Franklin and to take the time to go through the two books on a hunch is very time consuming. So I will try the old fashioned ways first. I spent almost 8 research hours this week and hardly a thing to show. It would be nice if we had one from South Brunswick. And imagine this: there was a physical Poor farm and a Poor House. It really did exist, as many times as I used the term I never imagined looking through a book with people registered to it WOW! I'll keep digging though, I'll be damned if they will tear down that farmhouse without better than my best! Had digital cable and phone service added today so my whole package is in the hands of Comcast. Keep my fingers crossed on that decision.

1 comment:

Jean said...

First my comment here. I admire your passion: "I'll be damned if they will tear down that farmhouse without better than my best!"

It is exactly the kind of attitude we all need to adopt in regard to the preservation.

Thanks. (Now to the post above....*big huge sigh*)