Thursday, March 15, 2007

Bad timing for a snowfall...

Great! Saturday is the day we meet with the reporter from the NY Times and 3-6 inches of snow is to fall. I can only hope she really wants this story and will brave the weather. She seems to be really excited about coming so I hope that enthusiasm continues.
Speaking of enthusiasm my daughter has her recital on April 15Th at Monmouth University in Woodrow Wilson hall. This is the building used as Daddy Warbucks mansion in the movie version of Annie. She will be performing music from the 17Th century up to today to fulfill her requirements. Afterwards we will head to the Jersey shore for dinner with family on the boardwalk. Surely this will be one of the proudest days in my life. Even if I cannot understand the language (HAHA) ! She will graduate in May with a degree in Special Education and Elementary Ed and music. Now I live with two special ed teachers I feel like I'm a teacher too! (I feel your pain Jean :-) ).

I leave you with this thought...

"History is for human self-knowledge ... the only clue to what man can do is what man has done. The value of history, then, is that it teaches us what man has done and thus what man is."

R. G. Collingwood

1 comment:

Jean said...

I think we have an alternate date of Sunday for the reporter. The snow is a bummer.

So, you are getting surrounded by teachers, eh? Well, maybe you will learn something for a change. *insert very big wide grin here*

Congratulations on your daughter's success. She is proof you actually don't need to learn much. Good children are a reflection of good parents.

See you soon!