Thursday, March 29, 2007

Saturday starts the work...

I head off to Freehold to visit the The Monmouth County Historical Association Library & Archives. I will be looking through the history of the Van Dyke family to start my work on the slave issue. I used a wonderful book to look up the Beekmans. The book also includes the Van Dykes but at that time I was not working through them. I love going here because the workers are so helpful every research center should be as pleasant as these folks are. This is going to be great I hope I can find something.

1 comment:

Jean said...

I'd like to visit there sometime myself. Long story, but there is a bit of research I would like to do.

How nice to hear how excited you are to be diving through old books and documents. You are an English teacher's dream. *G*