Wednesday, March 14, 2007

New York Times

Today my quest to publish the Titus-Van Dyke slave story got a boost with word that the Times reporter is coming to the farm Saturday. She also knows who I am which is quite a wonderful thing. Now I have to finish the story for the newspaper. Now that the E.V.A. seems to be pushing the ball again it's good to see the story has not gone stale. It takes a massive amount of determination to keep a story in the public eye since that eye has a very short attention span. I am glad my pals don't lose sight of the important work they have started and seem determined to see it all the way through. I hope I can shake, rattle or roll some slavery tales out of the family history to help underline the importance of the farm.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Yea! I didn't realize you had a blog going. Now you are responsible to write regular posts.

EVA has not been asleep, but that meeting gave out some pretty good ideas, The Times being one.

I hope to be there when the reporter comes, but I promised to help Donna out by trailering her daughter to a lesson. I think it will work out, though.

Th picture of the fire's destruction depresses me every time I see it. There was just no excuse for losing all those art pieces.

I'll be back to read!! Keep on typing.