Friday, March 16, 2007

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....

I decided to go ahead and head off to work today despite the snowfall. Now I am beginning to regret the decision. As usual back in South Brunswick we are starting to get the snow but here in Tinton Falls it is sleet and hail. This always makes for a bad combo for me because as soon as I clear the ice I hit the snow. On Route 18 I can actually see where the snow line hits. Beautiful to see difficult to drive. Thankfully the historian in me is very patient. So I choose some good music and drive slow, as I watch the insane New Jersey speedsters fly bye, not knowing what I am thinking. Having done this drive for 7 years now I know what they are in for. I've seen it so many times I use it to describe my commute back and forth. So far I have quite a few descriptions starting with a 1 out, and ending with a 9 out. You see Route 18 has a grass divider between south-north bounds. When we have snow I use this description to show how many spin outs I have seen. The worst has been 9, hence a 9 out! Last year I saw a man fly by and I thought give him 2 miles and he's toast. Sure enough I saw him spin 360 into the grass divide. Age and time have made me wise when it comes to patience. Patience saves your life....

1 comment:

Jean said...

Hope all went well with that drive. Route 18 is no fun anywhere. I avoid it whenever possible.

Looks like they underestimated the snow here. Worse, the darn stiff is wet underneath, now frozen, and glued to the ground. We'll need tomorrow to dig out so we can meet on Sunday.

Don't overdue with the shoveling.