Thursday, March 22, 2007

My turn to be a concertgoer...

Now that Claire has seen Dolly I must wait till July to see The Police. Funny how they came out of the Punk era to be such a melodic band. Some say they are fluff others say they are Reggae wannabees but Stewart Copeland (Drums) and Andy Summers (Guitar) are amazing musicians. Sting can annoy me but in the group setting he should slip in well. I saw them on the Zenyatta Mondotta tour at Madison Square Garden in '79 and it turned out to be a legendary performance. After the first song the power went out in the Garden. It took about 20-30 minutes to come back up. Sting promised us they would rock the house for the inconvenience and they rocked the house accordingly. One of my best concert memories next to Queen (With Freddie), Bruce, the late Robert Palmer (Such style) Pink Floyd and The Kinks. The reason I am attending the show is my 13 year old son Chris (Rock on dude) has become a fan of music of my generation. His favorite band is AC/DC. I took him to see Roger Waters (Once of Floyd) and he loved it. He is a drummer and I am sure he will be amazed by Stewart's drummer. I must admit it is a joy to share my music taste with him which allows us to attend concerts together I'm sure he will look back fondly on these shows in his adult years.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Ah, to be young...in taste. I never acquired a love of rock myself. The Beatles are about as rock as I get.

But you are right about sharing the concerts with your son. Those will be moments he will cherish and hopefully carry on the same tradition with his children. You are giving him a gift of a lifetime.

Claire said...

now did you know that sting used to be a teacher? and is from my neck of the planet.... along with a load of other major musicians, wallsend has a lot to answer for you know LOL.....